Skip to main content

What should I do if my car was towed?

  • If your vehicle was towed because of unpaid parking tickets, you must pay the tickets at City Hall before the vehicle will be released.

  • If your vehicle was unregistered, you may obtain a tow release at Malden Police Headquarters and have the vehicle towed to private property.  In order to drive it or park it on a public way, you must go to the Registry of Motor Vehicles and register the vehicle prior to coming to the police station.

  • If your vehicle was towed for another reason, such as a crash or because of a parking related issue, you can come directly to Malden Police Headquarters to obtain a tow release.

  • Towed vehicles will only be released to a registered owner, who has proper ID.